Thursday, February 13, 2020

The Tattooist of Aushwitz

The Tattooist of AuschwitzThe Tattooist of Auschwitz
by Heather Morris

Discussion February 19
6:15pm
Marshall Public Library


This is one of those WWII historical fictions that makes you feel so blessed to live now instead of during the war. It is based on a the true account of Lale's life. After it is discovered that Lale can speak several languages he becomes the tattooist of Auschwitz. Not only is this story about how he fights for his survival but how he makes deals and trades to helps those within the camp too. It is also about Gita the woman he falls in love with while in Auschwitz. I don't know about you but I had never stopped to think about the people that were forced to tattoo all of those prisoners. This was a very humbling story that I would recommend to those who like history.


No comments:

Blog Archive