My thoughts on the book we read for this month are few. It was an enjoyable book, my favorite part being the recipes. It was interesting that the author is the sister of one of my favorite actresses (but Sandra Bullock is probably a favorite actress for a lot of people). I enjoyed her sense of humor and it was an "easy read." I don't think I would recommend the book to anyone else (because I don't know anyone who enjoys memoirs that aren't about historical or otherwise famous people) and I can't see myself reading it again. The book reminded me of one I had purchased several years ago called "Why I'm Like This" which was very similar in style, minus the recipes (I haven't re-read that one either). On Goodreads I rated it 3 stars. ---Nikki Betz
1 comment:
My thoughts on the book we read for this month are few. It was an enjoyable book, my favorite part being the recipes. It was interesting that the author is the sister of one of my favorite actresses (but Sandra Bullock is probably a favorite actress for a lot of people). I enjoyed her sense of humor and it was an "easy read." I don't think I would recommend the book to anyone else (because I don't know anyone who enjoys memoirs that aren't about historical or otherwise famous people) and I can't see myself reading it again. The book reminded me of one I had purchased several years ago called "Why I'm Like This" which was very similar in style, minus the recipes (I haven't re-read that one either). On Goodreads I rated it 3 stars. ---Nikki Betz
Post a Comment